Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Poetry: Drifting

  

I lift my hands from the wheel,

Calculated risk of random resignation.

Tight, smooth leather, pulled over steel,

Left on its own in search of a destination.

Adrift I wander from left to right,

To live I risk losing myself.

Running into everything called life,

I realize that I want nothing else.


Reclined I adjust my headrest,

I don’t mind the hum of the unknown.

This vehicle seems to run on stress,

That struggle to call someone ‘home’.


My life lacks alignment,

My transmission seems to be slipping.

I don’t know where I went.

All I know is that this is not living.


My surroundings are driven by traffic,

I was a young man when I sat in this car.

My direction now seems a bit pragmatic,

Maybe I’m an old man driven too far.


~Ivory


THE O COLLECTION




No comments:

Post a Comment